Monday 16 December 2013

casual 10,000km bike ride...



At the end of this week I will be celebrating the end of an era, and the beginning of a new one when I leave NSN.  

Over 11 years ago, eager to find work when living in Tasmania after leaving university, I found a job working for Vodafone in their call centre. I was later transferred to back to NSW, got oursourced and transferred to what was then called Nokia, and have continuously learned new skills and worked with some very good people. No longer seeing these people on a regular basis will be missed. Now my work is being shifted to India, and I look forward to a new beginning. 

 To make sure this is capped off properly, it will come as no surprise I'm going for a casual 10,000km bike ride. 

 I first meet some good friends in Orange NSW on Boxing Day, and we're off to Bundaberg QLD. When the poor buggers have to turn for home, I'm continuing to Port Douglas, then turn for Adelaide, Great Ocean Road, around Tasmania, then back home past the Snowy Mountains. 

Here's my suggested route, and welcome any suggestions worthy of a detour!

Scott published this on Facebook yesterday...
He expects to complete his ride in just over a month...

No comments: